Tuesday, January 10, 2017

“She Went On Vacation And Then She Said…”

Dear Seeker of Success,

One of the things I’ve been doing lately (and I don’t know how long I’ll continue the practice) is calling anyone who orders a home study course or joins us for a live seminar to say “thank you”.

Now, I don’t know how long I’ll continue this practice, but it certainly has been eye opening because I hear lots of interesting stories.

Today I was talking to a customer who told me an interesting tale.

Keep reading because even if his situation doesn’t exactly match an experience you’ve had, the lesson is still valid.

He told me

He Had Been “Dating” A Super-Hot
Young Woman, 20 Years His Junior

Things had been going great, from his perspective.  And, as an objective party, it seemed so to me as well.

Then it happened.

She went on vacation with a girlfriend for 3 weeks.

When she came back, she abruptly broke it off.

Now, he was perplexed at what happened in those 3 weeks.  What was the reason or reasons it happened?  Why did she do it?

And you know what?

I personally have no idea:

  • Maybe she was considering breaking it off for months and being away from him gave her the time to make the final decision.
  • Maybe the girlfriend was whispering poison in her ear.
  • Maybe she met some dude on the trip who banged her senseless

Or maybe…

She Doesn’t Have A Clear Understanding
Of What Led To Her Decision To Break It Off

Don’t scoff at that last “reason” my friend.

Young women are almost always confused about what they “want”.

The important thing when this happens to you is this:

Balance your desire to learn from your lessons with the determination not to spend too much time trying to figure things out.

Guys who really succeed with women – whether it’s because they are naturals or through training – realize

It’s Not Your Job To Figure Out What Happened,
So Don’t Put Too Much Energy Into It

If this happens to you, here is my advice:

  1. Mourn your loss
  2. Reflect on what might have happened, but set a time limit and a specific place to sit and do this. Preferably outside of your work or car or home or any place you commonly go.  We don’t want to set up a loop where you anchor pain and confusion to common locations.
  3. If possible ask her what happened (without expectations of the truth or taking it at face value, understanding she may not know)
  4. Move on. Move on. Move on.

Listen: this post has lots of content and it’s worth re-reading at least 2-3 times.

After you’ve done so, please share your thoughts and comments  I care about what you have to say.

Peace,

RJ

P.S. So many students have written to me telling me that want to “get inside my head” and learn how I’ve overcome so many hardships to be where I am today – and to build their own legacy of leadership and success for their business and professional lives.

If that’s you, then you’ll love my new module on “Mindset Mastery” that I’ve been slaving over for many, many months. This module will convey how to overcome the obstacles and meet the challenges so you become the champion you are born to be.

Join us in Los Angeles and see it first:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment